Home renovations in Melbourne often means visiting the store to hunt for the best material that will suit your project. The type of material you need will largely depend on the type of renovations. In the case where you are searching for the ideal material for pavers or tiles, it might be a good idea to consider natural stone for this purpose and visit a limestone supplier in Melbourne. There are many types of natural stones that can be useful for this, however; limestone is a proven building material and also one that has been around for a very long time.
Some of the other types of paving material include granite, travertine, sandstone, bluestone, basalt, brick concrete and marble tiles in Melbourne. Natural stone pavers tend to remain clean and require very little maintenance. They are very beautiful, durable and easy to install as well.
Features of limestone pavers
- Limestone is a chemical sedimentary rock formed with the help of several materials that are solidified into a rock formation.
- This can be granular or crystalline and is found in various shapes.
- Limestone will usually not be free from impurities.
- This will usually be found in shallow water since limestone will not form in deeper ends.
- It is available in various colours like shades of grey, tan and many more.
Important facts & stats
- Limestone pavers tend to have a softer tone and have less chalking or veining as compared to other natural stones like travertine and marble.
- It is equally useful for indoor and outdoor applications.
- More people in Australia opt for limestone as compared to travertine or sandstone.
- Benefits of limestone as a building material.
- Limestone is not cheap and porous unlike what several people believe, it also does not stain easily.
- It is highly durable, strong and ideal for the surface around a swimming pool.
- The lime market is expected to reach USD 339.5 Billion by 2027.
- In 2018, the market size was USD $290.1 Billion in terms of value and 1485 Kilo tons in terms of volume.
Benefits of limestone as a building material
Limestone is a gorgeous natural stone material that is ideal to use as paver and tiles. Here are the benefits of opting for naturalstone tiles in Melbourne and choosing limestone pavers over the others:
- There is a wide range of colour and tones to pick from.
- Since it is highly durable, it is ideal for use both indoors and outdoors.
- It is ideal for the beautification of your house since one can easily find the best colour, style and tone to improve the aesthetics of their house.
- This is a very popular natural stone that has been around for a very long time. It continues to remain popular and is likely to always remain trendy with its classic and clean appearance.
- This is a sustainable material that is beneficial for both the environment and the home.
Natural stone pavers are easier to clean and do not stain that easily unlike brick or concrete pavers. They are also easy to maintain and help beautify your home. Limestone is a natural stone that is almost maintenance-free and is not affected by harsh weather conditions either. It is a tough stone that is extremely durable with the ability to withstand a high level of pressure. This is suitable for both residential and commercial properties and it is available in various showrooms across Melbourne as well as stone wholesalers in Melbourne.